Forum
× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New member!

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #763 by g4pnf
New member! was created by g4pnf
Hi All
Just to introduce myself as I am new to NARC.  I'm in Bury St Edmunds and have recently been joining in with the Tuesday and Thursday morning CW practice sessions on 2 metres run by Chris G4CCX.   I'm keen to improve my CW and gain confidence using it on the bands. Looks like there are quite a few CW enthusiasts in the club as well as CW activities which is great to see.  Is there any CW activity or NARC nets on 2 metres (apart from audio modulated FM?)   I reckon I could probably work up to the Norwich area on 2 metres CW (vertical polarisation) reasonably well.  But my main activity is HF and can operate from top band upwards.    Look forward to meeting some of you on the bands.
Vy 73
Peter G4PNF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #764 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic New member!
Hello Peter

Yes CW has a very strong following in the club, at present the sessions on air are limited as people tend to catch up with summer activities this time of year. I am sure that when autumn and winter gets underway we can start a CW net on 2 mtrs. A few of us would be up for that. As you know this time of year with sp E 6 mtrs is worth a look and you will find a few club members on the key at various times. Do hope you enjoy the club and if things get back to normal we have a lot of fun on field days etc

Rodney G0CBO

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #765 by g4pnf
Replied by g4pnf on topic New member!
Thanks very much Rodney. Yes it's very good to see so much CW enthusiasm in the club. Since Covid struck I tended to do very little CW... feeling the need to be a bit more talkative/sociable and actually pick up a microphone! But I now realise just how much I missed the CW and of course by not doing it, the skill starts to disappear both mentally and physically! In my local club (BSEARS) I think there is no CW activity or enthusiasm although one or two members say they would like to learn. It is such a satisfying mode to use!
Thanks again.
Peter

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds