Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Our Repeater Network

Our Repeater Network 1 month 3 days ago #478

• G0CBO
  • Thank you received: 2
We have a brilliant Repeater Network around this part of Norfolk. GB3NB on 2 mtrs GB3NR,GB3AH on 70 cms all have really good coverage round the city and surrounding areas.

Where is all the activity ?? being retired I often monitor the repeaters whilst doing other things and hear very few people on. I know that VHF/UHF have lost out to other digital modes but it seems such a waste to have this network and it not being used.

Is it that as there is so little activity that people dont bother or has JT65 and FT8 taken over.

Be interested to hear what others think, please post some comments on this discussion.

Rodney G0CBO
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by G0CBO.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Our Repeater Network 4 weeks 2 days ago #480

• G0FEI
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Rodney, good question, similarly I am not hearing any activity on local repeaters other than the CW slow morse sessions each Thursday morning.
I must make an effort to put out a call from time to time and see what response I get.
73 de Vic G0FEI / N0FEI

Our Repeater Network 3 weeks 6 days ago #481

• g0mqg
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Rodney. I'm at work all day during the week so cannot use the repeaters during the day, i do have a dual band rig in the car though and do listen to "NB" when i'm mobile.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds