Forum

Our Repeater Network

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #478 by G0CBO
Our Repeater Network was created by G0CBO
We have a brilliant Repeater Network around this part of Norfolk. GB3NB on 2 mtrs GB3NR,GB3AH on 70 cms all have really good coverage round the city and surrounding areas.

Where is all the activity ?? being retired I often monitor the repeaters whilst doing other things and hear very few people on. I know that VHF/UHF have lost out to other digital modes but it seems such a waste to have this network and it not being used.

Is it that as there is so little activity that people dont bother or has JT65 and FT8 taken over.

Be interested to hear what others think, please post some comments on this discussion.

Rodney G0CBO
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by G0CBO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 4 days ago #480 by G0FEI
Replied by G0FEI on topic Our Repeater Network
Hi Rodney, good question, similarly I am not hearing any activity on local repeaters other than the CW slow morse sessions each Thursday morning.
I must make an effort to put out a call from time to time and see what response I get.
73 de Vic G0FEI / N0FEI

More
6 months 1 day ago #481 by g0mqg
Replied by g0mqg on topic Our Repeater Network
Hi Rodney. I'm at work all day during the week so cannot use the repeaters during the day, i do have a dual band rig in the car though and do listen to "NB" when i'm mobile.

More
1 month 1 week ago #535 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic Our Repeater Network
Many Thanks to both for comments, just came across an interesting article by Selim M0XTA who we may meet at Happisburgh this weekend for windmills on the air. Follow the link , its well worth a read. www.essexham.co.uk/news/opinion-on-air-crisis.html

Hope to hear some people on , try FM, Local repeaters etc it seems only time any one on SSB is during contests these days.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds