Forum

Keys and paddles

More
9 months 5 days ago - 8 months 4 weeks ago #475 by g4jqt
Keys and paddles was created by g4jqt
This year I'm looking to buy a quality Morse key. Do does an NARC member have a reasonable selection of currently available keys and/or paddles I could try at their QTH or at the club?

I learnt on Marconi 365 keys at Northern Counties Radio School and am on the lookout for one of those, but the Begali Sculpture Arrow also looks rather nice...

My favourite straight key is my GW Brass Morse Key with a Welsh slate base. I have a Bencher BY-1 Dual Paddle, but would like to see if I get on better with a single paddle.

Thank you and regards,

Ian, G4JQT
Last edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by g4jqt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #476 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic Keys and paddles
Hello Ian

Very difficult that one, as you observed last Thursday with our group we all have different preferences. I find and I feel a lot more comfortable using a straight key only disadvantage is around 17/18 wpm is the maximum speed but you can be more accurate using a straight key. But there are others in the club who have really mastered dual and single lever paddles. We did a while ago have a CW evening when other members bought along various keys and all us keen CW users were able to try different keys.
Maybe nice to try and have another sometime.

Rodney G0CBO
The following user(s) said Thank You: g4jqt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds