Forum

CW Morse Code on 144mhz

• G0CBO
  • G0CBO's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #601 by G0CBO
CW Morse Code on 144mhz was created by G0CBO
Hello To All

If anyone wishes to try CW on 2 mtrs, I often monitor 144.050 and 144.150 most afternoons. If you wish to try your hand at a CW QSO give a call. Any ability and any readable speed. All are welcome, may get a few and we can have a CW net.So even if you just send at about 8 wpm this would be great and short overs. Would be nice to get some club members to take part, there is after all only so much you can take in by listening and its great to put in some sending practice..

So leave a massage here or catch me on the air on the above frequencies.

Rodney G0CBO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #602 by g8oo
Replied by g8oo on topic CW Morse Code on 144mhz
Hi Rod

Great idea I will have to get my 2m setup to TX on Morse and have a go.

For interest --- I have been working on a CW crib sheet for a short - standard QSO and it is copied below for use by anyone.

All they have to do just change my callsign and stations equipment and join in.

QRL? Is ok, maybe twice with a few seconds between just in case. (Is this freq in use)

CQCQCQ DE G8OO G8OO G8OO AR K or to answer a CQ call use this DE G8OO G8OO K

HIS CALL DE G8OO GM/GA/GE ES TNX FER CALL UR RST 579 57N OP ALAN ALAN ES QTH NR NORWICH NORWICH = SO HW CPY? HIS CALL DE G8OO

HIS CALL DE G8OO OK (HIS NAME) GD CPY ES TNX REPORT ES INFO = RNG FLEX 6600 ES 100W TO DIPOLE = WX HERE DULL ES DRY WITH 6 DEGS = SO BTU (HIS NAME) HIS CALL DE G8OO K

HIS CALL DE G8OO OK AGN (HIS NAME) ES OK UR INFO ABT STN ES WX = MNI TNX FER QSO ES 73 CUAGN ES TNX QSO HIS CALL DE G8OO SK DIT DIT

To end after his final just send OK 73 TU

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #603 by G3XVL
Replied by G3XVL on topic CW Morse Code on 144mhz
Rodney,
Nice to see you encouraging more CW activity on 2m.
my log shows we have worked several times on 2m CW..

Looking forward to hearing more from the Norfolk area!
My set up is Slim Jim Vertical 35W , or 4 ele Yagi,
Like you Rod, I often monitor 144.050 but mostly later in the afternoon.

73 Chris G3XVL (nr Stowmarket)
The following user(s) said Thank You: G0CBO

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #604 by g8oo
Replied by g8oo on topic CW Morse Code on 144mhz
Hi Chris G3XVL

When I am in the shack I also monitor 144.050 and sometimes 144.150 but recently I have been monitoring with the TX switched off whilst I practice.

My new year’s resolution is to become proficient in using a Morse paddle so I have only just blown the dust of my very old paddles and have elected to start to practice using bencher twin paddle after 25 years gap.

After 31 days of intermittent practice I must confess to having good days and bad days sometimes I get it 50% correct and other days I get 10% mind you I am practicing using a long QSO exchange
So I have a very long way to go using a paddle to be word perfect HI.

If I hear anyone on 2M I will try to join in but unfortunately you guys will have to put up with my mistakes until I become more proficient
HI.

TTFN de AlanH g8oo

• G0CBO
  • G0CBO's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #608 by G0CBO
Replied by G0CBO on topic CW Morse Code on 144mhz
Hello

No worries about mistakes the idea is to give confidence to all who wish to join. Will monitor most afternoons between 14.30 to 16.00 and on both frequencies 144.150 and 144.050. Remember also you dont need a fantastic antenna set up, a vertical or a beam along with about 10 watts up and we should be able to work. Look forward to hearing a few on. Have worked Chris G3XVL a few times so far and also heard Les G0DFC,

Hope to hear a few more soon

Rod G0CBO

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds

NARC Training 2019

Training is very important to us as we realise that is how new people can come into the hobby and attain their Foundation, Intermediate and Advance Amateur Radio licenses.

The Syllabus and Exams for all levels is changing significantly from August 2019 and so like many other clubs we need to take a break from running courses from August to give us time to research, prepare and plan courses based on all three levels for 2020. However we will be running three courses before August; A Foundation course in April, an Intermediate course from March - May and another Foundation course in June - July. So if you would like to take either of these exams with NARC in 2019 you need to book your place as soon as possible by emailing Exam Secretary David G7URP: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.